Friday, July 2, 2010

If the Lord Will

This story that I found online reminded me of these verses. It keeps on impressing me. "The Lord Willing and the Creek Don't Rise" is something I heard as a child many times from my grandmother. Read the verses then read the story.

James 4:13-15

13Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:

14Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

15For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.

Jerome Irving Rodale:
Founding father of the organic food movement, creator of “Organic Farming and Gardening” magazine, and founder of Rodale Press, a major publishing corporation.
How he died: On the “Dick Cavett Show”, while discussing the benefits of organic foods.
Rodale, who bragged “I’m going to live to be 100 unless I’m run down by a sugar-crazed taxi driver,” was only 72 when he appeared on the “Dick Cavett Show” in January 1971. Part way through the interview, he dropped dead in his chair. Cause of death: heart attack. The show was never aired.


From Dick Cavett's article: Upon warily deciding to view the sorry event a few weeks later, along with my staff, we noticed three things that, incredibly, no one had recalled Rodale’s saying: “I’m in such good health [he was 72] that I fell down a long flight of stairs yesterday and I laughed all the way.” “I’ve decided to live to be a hundred.” And the inevitable “I never felt better in my life!” sourced from http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/05/03/when-that-guy-died-on-my-show/

It is not my intention at all to reflect negatively on the man, but it is rather a truth we all should consider. I just kept his name in the article for those that want to search out it's validity. I am not sure where the article originates, but when I searched for it I found this article here, www.crystalkiss.com/dumbest-deaths-in-history/

No comments:

Post a Comment