Friday, July 16, 2010

The Man Who Couldn't Be Killed: An Incredible Story of Faith and Courage During China's Cultural Revolution

I have not read this book, but I would like to get my hands on it. However I think I have reached my summertime book quota, so I will wait. I read Heavenly Man last winter to my wife. I liked it and could believe the miracles could happen, but I seemed to wonder just a little....Anyways I wondered if anyone has read this other book. It looks low-key but a incredible story. I will Die Free by Alex Noble is also a faith boosting book about a minister in Communist Cuba. I have that book and it is inspirational. I like these low key books, because you get more of a feel that the person is just testifying more than trying to gain favor or attention. Of course the testimony is powerful enough that you wonder why more have not read them.

The story written in the title is about a Chinese law enforcement officer that takes up the cross and makes some radical changes in his life and life style. He then finds himself behind bars for his faith. He gains this nick name because he is ear marked for "special treatment. " Yet survives his sentence. Like I said I haven't read it but it looks like a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment