Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Unicorns and Athiests?

I ran across this article on

http://townhall.com/columnists/DineshDSouza/2007/12/09/why_atheists_are_so_angry

by Dinesh D'Sousa. I will quote a little of his line of thought that made me stop and think. I never just thought of it in this angle, but I really like his perspective and I think he has a point. That said I would also encourage Christians to reach out to Atheists. A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still. Everyone his the freedom to believe what he wants, it is just that as Christians we fear the eternal consequences of wrong choices. I do not promote the persecution of anyone that does not believe like I do, but it does seem the left-minded are pushing a pretty hard agenda against Christian living as I know it.


Why then are so many atheists so angry?

One reason I think is that they are God-haters. Atheists often like to portray themselves as "unbelievers" but this is not strictly accurate. If they were mere unbelievers they would simply live their lives as if God did not exist. I don't believe in unicorns, but then I haven't written any books called The End of Unicorns, Unicorns are Not Great, or The Unicorn Delusion. Clearly the atheists go beyond disbelief; they are on the warpath against God. And you can hear their bitterness not only in their book titles but also in their mean-spirited invective.
(Quoted from above mentioned article.)

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy reading all your articles on op noah thanks

    ReplyDelete