Monday, October 12, 2009

Passing Out Tracts In Denver Airport

I figured on my flights from California to Atlanta would provide me with an opportunity to spread the Word. My first flight from Sacramento to Denver was a red eye flight. Since I had three seats to myself I crashed and fell asleep. When I got to the airport I was slightly groggy and not really in the mood for person to person contacts. Instead I took a walk to get brunch. On my way I challenge myself to think of places to leave a tract. Telephone booth. Internet booth. Bathroom. On the way back check if they are gone. Leave one or two in locations that you can monitor from where you are waiting for a flight. On the way back my bysitters were heavy into their pay-to-view movies. I have to admit that they were fairly interesting. On the way to California in contrast some of my bysitters talked the whole flight. You win some you lose some in the lottery of airplane seating. I tried out passing those picture tracts. I ordered their basic tracts and a sampler. I would say it strikes me to recommend people to stick with gospel tracts in your tract work, because you know they are doctrinally sound and you know they people that stand behind them. These others are for profit and I feel I need to be careful which ones I pass out. I use them only for special applications were it seems they would do the most good.I want to only pass out that literature that is sound and of a good report. It does come in handy to have tracts on your person especially while tripping. My sister introduced me to some of her fellow Adventist friends. Eventually we talked about our beliefs. An older lady called me to her car to give me a "gift". It was a tract book. My hand was in my pocket and I returned with another gift. I thought it was kind of funny that we were both handing out literature. However I found out that my sister was impressed that we are ready to pass out tracts at all times. I wish I could be half that diligent-so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment