Monday, October 5, 2009

Picture Tracts

I have a concern about reaching American Youth in our communities. We know American attention spans are not very long. I have ordered some tracts from Chick publications to review. I have seen them here and there. They make an impact and are pretty captivating even for myself. I just would like feedback on what you think of using them for personal handouts alongside our tracts. They maintain the basic Doctrine that you must be born again. They do not shy away from the fact that their is a heaven and a hell in the balance. He has a few out of the two hundred that have references to the millenium. I wondered if any one had suggestions or cautions on pursuing to use these tracts for personal handouts. Please share some of your thoughts on this or check out their website by googling Chick Publications. If you know of any other sound youth oriented tracts let me know.

4 comments:

  1. I noticed the phrase "for the most part". I would be extremely careful in handing out tracts that are even just a little bit off!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I guess what I meant there is that he also has tracts on other themes that caution against Mormonism, JWs etc. Though most of his tracts deal directly with the Ultimate Choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the picture idea, but not the chick tracts. I get an uncomfortable feeling when I read a lot of these tracts. They are obviously geared toward once-saved-always saved and make it sound like the Bible condemns good works. My thought would be that JLT being an artist should compose a sample tract and send it into Gospel Tract Society for review. -B.E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that it's hard to get young people on the street to read or pay attention to something serious for more time than it takes to read a txt.I think I've seen one or two of the chick tracts, they hit the sin question pretty hard in a good way. Review them and see what feeling the Lord gives you on them.

    ReplyDelete