Friday, June 24, 2011

A Sequel on Yesterdays Stat Post

Here are a brothers thoughts on the stat post. I appreciated them so much I wanted to post them right away. Feel free to comment to the posts or email me your material. As you can see this blog is very informal, etc.


Interesting stats – I think tho that we need to remember that it is God’s work. When we start doing too much numbering and counting, the account of David counting his army comes to mind. I believe mission work is urgent. After spending time in LA, interacting with various people, I’ve come to realize that there is just as much or more confusion in the land we are living in than there is in a third world country. Are we shining the light where we are? This does not give us an excuse to stay home if God is calling us away, but does give us a job to do while we are here. Our focus should be the souls of men, not boosting church membership. Just some random thoughts.....

1 comment:

  1. I agree with this brother. My purpose in doing the research was to put “how small” we are into perspective. Although the Bible does not clearly spell out exactly what David’s sin was in numbering his army, I would tend to think David was wanting to see “how big” the children of Israel were. This displeased God. God will be honoured by our humility both personally and collectively. The task to evangelize the world is formidable, and as the research shows, is not getting any smaller as time goes on.

    ReplyDelete