Thursday, July 26, 2012

Summer Slowdown

I have been very busy in the literal heat of summer. It has been very humid with spotty light rains nearly everyday in our neck of the woods here in Alabama. I have been illustrating for the Haiti book. Today my AC quite working at our house.........

I am not finished Two Ears of Corn yet. I see the price of the book sky rocketed-- so I would like to share some of the good points it brings out.

My vocational school project ideas has brought a new perspective. I talked with a brother that has really advocated the vocational prospect. He advised me that the main way such a project would work is to establish a business and outsource work abroad to our brethren. Starting in a small way under the radar--as it were until it is undeniable that it is bearing forth good fruit. I have continued to pursue electronic and electrical training for myself so that perhaps in the future it will come in handy to teach, etc. I also thought of a rickshaw manufacturing and taxi service. Salvaging motorbikes and building them into rickshaw or tuk-tuks.

I am waiting for a debate about the pros and cons about colonizing abroad by someone that grew up and latter observed colonies as a missionary.

As for this blog and internet I am slowing down my involvement--I have said all I have to say and few have more to add. I will publish letters and news from various places, but as far as I know there may be fewer posts here on out. Thank-you for the interest and don;t forget what season we are in..........

No comments:

Post a Comment