Sunday, April 4, 2010

God's Alternative Fuel

Thanks to the brother that submitted this article, feel free to send in your experiences.



We had nothing in our bank account a couple months back and we ran low on fuel. The light was on for a long time. I had to wait for a couple days before I got some more cash around to get some gas. When I finally had the cash in hand, I headed for town. 8:50pm. Fuel station closes at 9pm. I ran out of gas a mile from the gas station, and right in front of a brothers house. Well... I was pulsing down the side of the road at about 15km/hr and losing momentum when I decided to pray. I knew that I could stop and ask the brother for help, but I had been telling my wife that God would provide and I guess I wanted him to do exactly that. So... This boy just prays out loud like I was talking to the passenger and said "God, I could stop and ask for help from this brother but I want YOU to help. Please put some gas in this tank so I can get to town." I guess I wasn't expecting him to answer, but, he did. I didn't realize that I had the accelerator all the way to the floor and the prayer was hardly out of my mouth when the "car with the empty fuel tank took off". Wide open! I don't know if I ever really got a sufficient "amen" out because something seemed to shake me right to the core and I started to cry. Then a thought came. "If God can do this to my empty fuel tank, what does He want to do with my life?"

Got empty fuel tanks that need filling?

No comments:

Post a Comment