Friday, March 2, 2012

Wiebe's Quotes: Martyr's Mirror


The enemies of the truth having apprehended and sentenced to death the apostle Andrew, he went joyfully to the place where he was to be crucified, and having come near to the cross, he said, O beloved cross! I have greatly longed for thee with a peaceful conscience and with cheerfulness, desiring that I, who am a disciple of him who hung on the cross, may also be crucified." The apostle said further, " the nearer I come to the cross, the nearer I come to God, and the further I am from the cross, the further I remain from God. He hung 3 days on the cross.
    As Ignatius was led to the pit of lions he testified, " My dear Jesus my saviour, is so deeply written in my heart, that I feel confident, that if my heart were to be cut open and chopped to pieces, the name of Jesus would be found written on every piece.
- Martyr's Mirror 



Op-Noah on Martyr's Mirror----(This is a large old book of Nonresistant Christians from the time of Christ through reformation in the 1500's. It records the persecution of Christians by Pagans, the Roman Empire, and Roman Catholic Church. It has court dialog, letters, and overviews of baptism and persecution through the centuries of Waldeneses and also other connected conservative Christians that tried to make a separation with the World and its system. Most Mennonite groups would be acquainted with its content)



No comments:

Post a Comment