Saturday, July 30, 2011

What Jesus says on Peer Preesure






(I randomly opened my Bible to this verse this morning, and by the grace of God it brought some inspiration. If it it can help someone take it for what it is.) 


John 5:44 (Words of Jesus)


NIV
How can you believe if you accept praise from one another, yet make no effort to obtain the praise that comes from the only God?


KJV
How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?


Context: Jews were seeking to persecute Jesus for healing man at Bethesda on the Sabbath


Note: How can ye believe----Is that a reason we struggle with so much unbelief, we have put our focus, respect and fear on man instead of God? 
Noticed a verse a little before:


John 5:41


  I receive not honour from men.


Ask Why?
John 8:50
And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.


Rom. 2:29
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.


Paul's Testimony
1 Thess. 2:6
Nor of men sought we glory, neither of you, nor yet of others


How many times does my repentance reek of the same smell as Saul? Not willing that people should see my real colors.
1 Sam 15:30
Then he said, I have sinned: yet honour me now, I pray thee, before the elders of my people, and before Israel, and turn again with me, that I may worship the LORD thy God.


The power of it all is that God needs to be the source in our life. It is the source of righteousness that is seen and felt, not just a man made facade for our fellow men to think well of us.

John 7:18   NIV
He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.

2 Tim 3:5
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away

No comments:

Post a Comment