Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Humility Doesn't Mean to Act Like "Mush"

I guess I was inspired to share this this morning to Praise God. It was written on the fly and in response to some thoughts about self esteem and becoming "mush" to please God.

I just think there is a better term than
"mush"- a spongy, shapeless mass. God has a plan for every one and I
doubt he plans it to be mush. I don't think our goal to be more like
Jesus would resemble "more mush would I be". (lol).

A couple illustrations. God made Adam perfect and I doubt it was a
mushy situation. It was disobedience and sin brought the separation.
2. When you have a horse or a dog, I personally don't like them to act
all spirit less and brow beaten. As a master you love it when they are
full of spirit and eager to please, ready to go. As long as they are
obedient you are quite pleased with these your servants. When your
visitors see you with them they know you have spent time with those
animals and there is a mutual love relationship. That obedient
relationship to God is what the world needs more of. Obedience to God breeds the
proper esteem. When you step out of the door, the dog's focus is on
you. He is waiting for any indication of what your next action or
command will be. He isn't focused on, " Am I wagging my tail just
right", "boy I wish could bark a little more like a hound, maybe he
would like me more", "I wish I had the stature of a Dane right now".
3. I seen alcoholics act and look like mush and even wish their lot
was different, but as long as they wallow in self and its issues they
are a "spongy, shapeless mass".

Humility

I like the thought said self awareness: that the self awareness factor is what makes low and high self esteem both equally unacceptable. . When you see a "real" humble person, you are not aware at all if they are analyzing their performance. I really don't even think they know they are humble,

because they are to absorbed in looking after the needs of another. To
develop the proper Christian esteem is to be humble and to be humble
is to treat your neighbor as your self and to become a servant to
others and esteem others higher than your self.

A perfect example is the Godly Mother. No matter how many children or
grandchildren she has she loves and cares for them. We can remember
grandmothers that nearly stand the whole meal, because they are more
concerned that everybody else receives the maximum service. They
always seem to prefer the needs of the family above their own. The
grandchildren that gather around the casket after she has past, stop
and think, and conclude she must have truly been a saint because few
can remember a word unfitly spoken and very few selfish acts. Alot of
times they can even find fault in father, but mother was there to
soothe your hurts and always knew what you needed. There is somrthing
Christlike in that scenerio.

It makes me conclude Humility is not just a "state" but it is love in
action. It is unselfishness. It thrives to be obedient to the Master.
It is the proper esteem to have. God gave you gifts to use---don't
reduce them to mush, don't compare them with other's gifts-----Rather
say thank you God and now where do you want me to use them? Who's load
can I lift with them. (That is something to be excited about just like
that dog wagging his tail outside the door)

No comments:

Post a Comment