Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day After the Quake In Ontario

Here is an article Okay... daily missions.

The morning after the earthquake in Haiti, when I stepped through the
door of the woodworking shop where I worked at the time, I felt one of
the tremoring aftershocks.......... The folks that I worked with are
not professing christians, not by the farthest stretch of both their
and my own imaginations. They were pretty worked up about the
televangelist who said that "Haiti deserved this because of a pact
that their forefathers had made with the devil in the 1700's". For the
first time ever they really let me know what they thought about a
"supposed" God. They asked me questions that were bordering on the
ludicurious and even the boss put in very little work that day. I was
quiet for the most part, every know and then I would fire off a
question or two in response to theirs, but mostly just prayed and
asked God what answer he was going to send this time.

At last break they were really fired up, when all of a sudden God
impressed me "tell your conversion experience". So I sat up and did
exactly that. These men believe the bible is just a book, God is just
a fable, and religion is hypocrisy. They let me know that they respect
me... but how could I believe this stuff? I told them that I would
tell them but that could not interrupt me for at least 5 mins. I then
asked the biggest fellow if he wanted me to "eliminate" my religion
when I told him why. He acted sorta shocked and said that he didn't
want me to renounce anything... but... ya eliminate it from the
equation... because all they do is blab about the bible and..., so I
interrupted him and said that I would also eliminate the bible.

I then just told them what God had done for me. How he had changed me.
How I used to Hate and now I Love. How I couldn't help but love Him
and my neighbor as myself.

After I told them it was quiet for a couple of minutes, painfully so..
Later on that day the fellow who had talked the loudest came over to
where I was working, and after watching me for a couple of minutes in
silence, said that there were many mornings when he woke up after a
night of drinking that he would pray and ask God to "stop the whole
madness"... But the biggest reason he couldn't except God was because
then he would have to "surrender his will to Him".

The discussion changed after that. Those men went home and told their
wives about the discussion and the next morning they were all fired up
and ready to go again, but this time it wasn't about "if" there was a
God, but "what type of God" there was....

-- Bro. Jason Hunt, He wrote it on the fly and netiher of us had a lot of time to edit it. I asked to use it and he granted it. I was inspired and I am sure you were too.


No comments:

Post a Comment