Saturday, February 27, 2010

Keeping It Simple

I am taking an afternoon brake and some thoughts been bouncing around my head the last few days maybe even weeks. I am not trying to post too often, but inspiration is contagious and I really enjoy Christian Life.

KEEPING IT SIMPLE

One thing I hated is a discussion in S.S., Bible Study, or even at home about "things", culture, and endless questions about what so and does or did somewhere else and then afterwards everyone seems satisfied that we had a spiritual discussion. A merry go round and around afterwards we shrug our shoulders and say who knows. I mean you might as well talk about UFO's or E.T.s. We enjoy talking about other people and places problems. Yet we need to make it personal. No pain no gain. Here are some suggestions to playing it cool and enjoying a full filling life.

1. Ignore the panicky feelings and don't make any rash moves. The Spirit just doesn't work that way.

2.Kick offence and depression out of your life a.s.a.p.

3.Accept that you can't win God's favor and accept that if things get rough he is right there and you only need to quiet down to hear what he is trying to tell you.

4.Be obedient in everything you know to do and then don't sweat the small stuff that is trying to distract you. God fights the battles.

5. Starve the demons. De-tox yourself from excessive media and other stuff like don't walk by the cash register aisle three times to sneak a peek, etc.

6. Get a parallel Bible with KJV and NIV and really read the Bible vs. spending more money on a commentary and owning Gospel Publishers in a quest to find the "Holy Grail". Find out the faults with NIV and then read it. I use it for family devotions. We need to read what we understand. The Gospel is for the common joe like you and me. Having spiritual vision and being fed meat is not about being a wizard that can quote Menno Simons, John Holdemon, the conference book, church history, and can see hidden meanings behind simple passages. The meat is to know the simple words of Jesus and to do those things that you know to do.

7. Accept that you will probaly not gain Martin Luther status or some other notable in your life time. God wants to use everyday people to show His power to all men.

8. Try to avoid putting everybody in the Church in two boxes.

9. Read Will the Theologians please Sit Down by David Bercot. Don't tell anybody I said that, but I think there is some good thoughts in it about putting the wrong emphasis on Doctrine study vs. Bible study. Example: Spiritual maturity is to know the Lord not just be a Theologian.

10.The Church needs people that do what needs to be done, and leave the rest to God. Like even though I don't have all the answers personally, I won't let the nonessentials block my vision of the real issues like naturing the fruits of the spirit vs. can baby pull my whiskers is the long enough for Papa. If my revival minister brings out some really wingers about hair partings, etc. I would make a delegation of brethren and have a discussion. Respectful ,but concerned. Let the Spirit tell the rest.

The moral of this rambling is Keep It Simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment