Friday, June 8, 2012

Praying for Coco to come Home


My wife and boys had a sad day today ---our Chocolate Lab had went missing. The friendliest well mannered dog we could wish for. Just a little too friendly to make a really good watch dog. However he will keep snakes and possums at bay till I come and take care of them. My wife an boys had a prayer that we would find him. Here in Alabama ranchers and fish farmers are definitively not immune from shooting stray dogs and most of them ride around with rifles. Anyways we checked our local neighborhood with no success. Our boy asked why Jesus had not answered their prayer. 
After work my wife received a call from Wyoming. She mentioned that our dog was missing. While it happened  that this Wyoming lady who used to be our neighbor had a son working on a nearby farm. He had told her that he had found a well trained dog that rode with them all over in the back of the pickup. They even called him Coco. They called and talked to the local people trying to figure whose dog it was. 
My wife came to me as I was sitting on the porch and told me to radio and see if it was our dog. I just seen this boy ride by in his pick-up as I radioed him. I described the dog to him and he started verifying the dog to us. He turned around and sure enough it was him. My wife told the boys that Jesus did answer our prayer. It was just interesting how the timing worked out. The lady in Wyoming that she was just randomly inspired to call because she noticed a table spread my wife had given her. 


An everyday occurrence proves to be another stepping stone of faith in our little family's walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment