Saturday, February 27, 2010

Power is Dependence on God

I was raised anti-church and even though I attended private school most of my school years I intended to stay aloof from membership. I had and have enough family and resources to disappear from one life and culture and escape to one or two others. However God convicted me and showed me His way for my life. Now I have a small family of my own that keeps me rooted. Before this in my youth, it surprised me how God kept me in the Church. My sister's Church and friends were very attractive to me. I would see my friends fall away and wonder why them and not me. Was it family prayers, my mother's prayer, something shielded me from a world of hurt that I figured would be my lot. I was not bound with any strong ties to the Church culture that would be the answer. It was prayer of others and the fact that God wanted me in this church.
After that I really find OTVC doctrine pretty fruitless for me to tackle. If you fellows cracked the code it would affect my life little. I am here because it was obvious that God wanted me to work for Him in this church and place. When I see some one strongly push that doctrine or smash that doctrine it seems quite evident that they are trying to find extra justification to their own righteousness. When somebody from nonHoldemon membership inquires on these points it makes me smile. No there is going to be alot of nonHoldemon's in Heaven.

It is evident our church has been blessed. However we have allowed ease in Zion to become too self reliant and depend less on God. This results in colder prayers, doubts and fears, and talk without action. Good talk about love and God, but no action or real power. To me if anything discourages me it is these points. It is this independence and self reliance that doesn't need God so much except in Church and when things go wrong. Enough goes wrong in my life that I need God 24/7. I am a wretch without Him. If we want to draw men and keep them we must be broken on the rock vs. waiting for the rock to fall on us. More prayer for one another instead of useless endless reasonings. We need God sourced power and wisdom which is easy for a child's faith to grasp, but eludes the greatest theologian. We will gain more and then keep more. I can accept seismic repercussions in the future if that means more individual dependence on God resulting in real revival. However God's ways are higher than our ways and I will follow where he directs. I am committed to the Church and its teachings out of duty and love, because God led me to this way. I see a real commitment among many young couples that are resolved to press the battle on. There is a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment