Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Michigan Girl Engaged to Brother in Guatemala

When my wife and I were teaching in Belize we got to know a brother and sister teaching team in the south part of Belize known as the Toledo District. They became family to us and we celebrated Christmas together along with taking different outings together and talked "school". Precious memories. We went to a wedding in Guatemala and observed good things happening. Now a number a weeks ago we heard that it finally was coming to fruitation. However their are a few hurdles for his paperwork so he can come up here to get married. He comes from a real nice family and though there will no doubt be adjustments, (she is fairly fluent in Spanish and has taught in more than one foreign country, not counting all the countries she has visited), she is not going to live in the back forty, but close to a small city and in relatively comfortable quarters for Guatemala, no doubt. She is quite brave for a NA youth girl in my books anyway, considering her and my wife enjoyed jumping into waterfalls and from thirty plus feet rocks. I guess I can only wish her well. The real reason for this article is that we should pray that her fiance's paperwork can get through so they can set a date for their wedding. May God Bless them (and I hope it can break more ice across borders.??)

No comments:

Post a Comment