Saturday, December 12, 2009

ANTI-AUTHORITY MEASURING STICK

I am not neccessarily a big Watchman Nee fan, but I found two books of his that really challenged how I looked at my Christian life. Some of His books, I read are like wow, is this extra curricular stuff really what I have to sift through right now. These books I read were already concepts that were spinning in my head put I couldn't develop them into words. Authority and Submission is a straight forward Bible study of chapter 16 of Numbers and the David and the House of Saul relationship. Just when you thought you were free from authority issues and offences. Even if you are crucify the flesh and start reading. I recommended it to a brother and he related that he spent 45 minutes on the first page and a half. It's not hard to read-its just something you let sink in. For instance if you find yourself harping on policemen, goverment officials, and ministers that's an indicator how you look at God's authority, because he is the authority and no one can exercise authority unless he grants it. You need to read it for yourself. The next book is Break the Outer Man and Release the Spirit. I call this a great thought provoker and a deeper look into the topic of Revival. Explains the reason for my shallowness, and the problem of having my "hands too full" to help the Lord. It has some meat, but I would have liked to see more scripture like the first book. He describes the Spirit trapped in our outer earthly man shell. We have to break down the outer man (crucify, etc.) so the inner man can shine through. Every mishap and test in our life is from God to help in the breaking of the outer man. Like I said there is some thought provoking material in this book that wants to make you say, "that's what it is-now I know," but I just caution the reader to have the Bible in the other hand before just swallowing it all as "gospel."It has challenged and encouraged me to accept the refininer's fire in all areas of my life , not have my hands too full, and wait on the Lord and let the Spirit shine more out of my life. Any book that promotes those concepts and crucifying the flesh can't be too far from the narrow way. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment