Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas Book List

I have been secretively hoarding my winter reading supply. I have just dipped into the Heavenly Man about Brother Yun from the Chinese House Churches. It is in our Church libraries, but I would advise dropping by Amazon and getting a cheaper used copy. It will stretch your Faith. I begun reading the book as a skeptic, but you realize these people were under a lot of constant stress and God gave them the grace to do some amazing things. The main character prayed for the impossible- He prayed for a Bible around sixteen years of age. He got one and then preceded to memorize the whole book of Matthew and the Book of Acts. His first sermon was reciting the whole book of Matthew. By the time his teen years were through he had led over two thousand to Christ. I guess you'll have to read it if you want to know more...
Since I was reading about China, I got a couple Watchman Nee books about the Holy Spirit. I advise that there is some deep trues presented from one that suffered tremendous tests, but I also keep in mind that he was influenced by Darby and other doctrines that I would use caution to discern. He is like a Chinese Andrew Murray.
The other Chinese book was about finding Genesis in the ancient Chinese writtings by C.H. Chang. I will post later after I have had a chance to read it.
In the Beginning by Walt Brown is a Sumner Loomis classic for those interested in the "real flood theory" It will blow your mind. Stewart Loomis bases his Creation talks on this book or rather he borrows heavily for material and graphics. Worth a look. It is a text book that is updated nearly every year and breaks down some heavy stuff for all to understand. It's not very expensive to get the seventh edition. Got to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment