Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Are You A Prayer Warrior?



1 Thessalonians 5:17 pray without ceasing

I have been more and more impressed with the power of prayer. Why wouldn't you pray? We are such weak beggarly beings and yet we have a heavenly father and creator that is interested in our praise and requests. I have nothing to boast of but know that I am very needy. Alot of things I do not understand, but I do believe in prayer. When a plane is to make a tragic descent to the ground, its passengers resort to prayer if there is but any time to do so. There is so much to pray for. If you chronically complain about the way the country is run, and about the Media, your neighbors, or crime waves----it means you have a duty, yes a duty to pray to God about these things. No point being self righteous about it--you have power to pray about it. When you read a true story pray for the people. I remember reading a book of short stories. One left you hanging. One about about a poor Indian girl that was forced to prostitute to provide for her dying family. It touched my heart that I wanted to pray for her. In the next reprints they had to update the story to record that miracles had happened in her life. I believe readers were moved to prayer and it made a difference.
I love the people that I meet, but know that only the Holy Spirit can really make the difference in their lives. That means pray for them. As you drive away take off your hat and pray. When you pass out tracts pray. When you get out of bed-- Pray. Before you sleep-- pray. Any troubles---pray.
And then stop and think of how merciful God has been towards  you-- pray Thanks.
We do not need to recite prayers and think we will be heard for our ritual---We are here to put our hearts into it and make a difference. Christ is our intercessor and as we want to be more like Him it does us good to intercess for our family, neighbors, and national leaders. I have scratched my head and wondered if there is any Christian out there that has recieved the New Birth that has not been prayed for in some way.... JT

Ephesians 6:18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,
 
1 Timothy 2:1-2 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment