Saturday, September 8, 2012

New Birth in E. Africa: Victories on the Battlefield Part 2

Ethiopian baptized by Phillip in Book of Acts Jared: I am thankful I found Jesus and he saved my life. I was a sinner – a drunkard, smoker, druggie, lier, even cheated my parents – my life was a lie. No one knew when I was lying. This was when I was 16. I married my first wife, who is now dead. After she died I left home and went to Kenya. I travelled many places there. I went to Mbita and stayed two months. I heard the word of God- salvation for sins, and healing for people. I saw my life was not good. I said, I will listen to this word. I went to church and heard the preacher teaching. I felt judgement in my heart. I said, I want to search until I find Jesus.
At this point he requested that everyone in the group but us and his family leave.
Before I was saved, Satan infected me with HIV. When I heard salvation being preached I decided to follow Jesus. After three Sundays I found a pastor from Migori. I heard him say three things. (1) Jesus can take us from ignorance and tradition. (2) Jesus heals. (3) You will be ok (?) I wanted to follow Jesus and purposed to find him. I knelt and held my hands up and said, "Jesus, save me, I am a sinner." (He was told to say this.) I felt clean and shaken, and fell unconcious. In the darkness appeared light. I saw a hill and two people and a dog. The dog was going out of me and running. The people went with him. I was in the light and all those things vanished. I awakened. People were around. My heart was sad so I sat down. When the service ended four preachers asked me to remain. They asked what I saw, or what happened. They said, "You have found salvation, but not the Holy Spirit." They told me to cry to God for it. I was friendly with that pastor and visited him in the evenings. The third day in the eve I called, "Jesus save me, I am a sinner." There came a light like an arrow and blood like a torrent covering my life. I talked in a language I didn’t know. I was told that now I was saved and had the Holy Spirit.
I remembered Jesus’ healing, and decided to be tested for HIV. I tested negative. Went to another hospital and tested the same. After a month I went again, and still tested negative for HIV.
I came home then, and God gave me this wife. I didn’t go to church much as it was far. Last year in Shirati I heard the word of God had come to my place. My brother told me of John coming. He told me, "As they teach, as they walk, I see they are saved. " I wanted a church like the one I was saved in. One day I saw John with Moses and Joseph. I heard the teachings. I said, "This is of God." I received the word into my heart. I continued to ask God if this was truly His word that had come here. The answer was yes. In a vision I saw John in the light. We were in that light together.
I have many temptations. I testified to those I lied to when I was saved. Now I don’t lie. I pray every day that I will not go back to lying. I don’t desire it. I still speak in tongues.


Philemon: This my brother was not a good person. He was a liar and drunkard. He was ten years younger than I but had many ways to cheat me and lose my money. Now he is a good person. If I gave him 5000 to buy something, even if the change was only 50 he would bring it back to me. He has changed.



Philemon also testified against speaking in tongues.


Mama Philemon (also Jared’s mother) testified of Jared: Before receiving God he was a bad child. He had HIV. After receiving God he is well. He left his bad deeds. I can sleep in peace. If I go astray he helps me find the way of God.


Mama Philemon- Lucia: I was a sinner. Jesus found me and saved me. I was sick and healed me. I love Jesus. My friends with whom I was drinking, they left me. I’m alone with my children. Still I love Jesus. When I was praying and asking God why my children were going to a strange church, God told me that this was His church. These people were His people. I want to be with my chidren there. I want to know more of the word of God. I want to go to Heaven.
My heart was pained when thinking of my sins. The word of God cleansed my life.


Jared testified of a change in his mother.


Philemon says that before she was saved he felt shame over his mother. She was an awful drunkard, and would lie in a stupor where she fell. She used tobacco. She was always sick and much money went to cure her. She was angry. Now she is a good mother. She has left the teachings of the other churches. For twelve years she has not smoked or drunk.


Wife of Jared – Halima: I am not in worldly places. I want to be a Christian.
Philemon says that both she and his wife were Muslim, but now are Christians.

No comments:

Post a Comment