Saturday, May 12, 2012

Well I'm in Haiti


The area where I'm in


Lasstik Canyon

Working on the Haiti Book. I have interviewed two people today and spent the day with Enel Henri's. I am spending the nights in a nearby missionary house in a upstairs suite. Tonight I walked into the village a talked with my interpreter and guide Fre. Joule. Tomorrow Fre. Samuel will pick us up and take us to Fond Parisien where I will talk to Min. Brutis and plan out the rest of my trip. Praying that I will find a vehicle from one of the missions that I can borrow so we can redeem the time and make the most of it. We will still use public transportation some of the time, most likely. The goal is to interview a number of brothers and sisters experiences to finish the book. It is rather exciting, but also intimidating when you lack the language skills.
Yesterday I helped the CPS VS boys and Kevin Bronson unplug the Lasstic pipe. Their was a hole in the top of the pipe where the local people were filling their jugs. The water is running so fast that it swept some of the jogs out of their hands and lodged in the pipe. We took a long fifty foot welded 3/4 rebar down the shaft and speared a couple jugs which we pulled out. They are hoping to plug of the hole to keep out the jug fillers. They estimated the water was running 14mph.
Thanks for those that pray, and please pray for my family at home, that I wish were with me. Well I need to get back to typing before I head into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment