Sunday, August 21, 2011

Wiebe's Corner: Quotes to Ponder





I will not work my soul to save,
For that my Lord has done.
But I will work like any slave
For love of God’s dear Son!

- Unknown 

Quoted in MOT Vol. 109. No. 11







Every dollar I spend, whether into the collection or on the energy
drink for break or on the SUV, is not my own but God's. Those of you
who have been missionaries know how it feels to spend someone else's
money. But should it be different to spend donated money or our own?

Jay Friesen






The last year was a time of discomfort and suffering.  It became apparent that his time on this earth was limited.  On Easter Sunday, Henry called us to his bedside, sharing personally with us.  He expressed his peace with God and his desire to got to heaven and encouraged us to remain faithful to God.  He told of hearing the angels singing and how it more beautiful than he had ever imagined.  We feel God especially touched him there.  Our hearts are sad, and yet we are comforted in knowing that he is safe at home.  In life he led the way by telling his family, "We are going to be  Christians."  Now again, he has led the way by saying, "Meet me in heaven."
Excerpt from the obituary of Henry Dyck
MOT Vol. 109 No. 12

No comments:

Post a Comment