Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 6 Update, All Members Survived!

That seems to be one bright spot in an otherwise bleak picture. We just have to trust God that there is something in this for all of us to learn. God is love and if he allows this to happen there must be a reason. To me it mirrors the end of the world. To me it is a warning of what is yet to come. To many Haitians the trumpet has already sounded. It is up to us all to take the warning seriously and not to take it in vain. I am impressed with the amounts of hearts this tradgedy has touched.
As for news- the telephones, computer screens, and pulpits have been humming with activity. It is more of the same, with the exception that complete stories are being formed of what happened with our brothers and sisters. I am not interested in trying to post all the latest tid bits. You will hear them soon enough. I only know that prayer and supplies is what those people need now. If some one has a e-mail or letter of a complete story I would like to read it.
The latest I have is that some of the Lasstic brethren have been running an eight hour circuit hauling the wounded from Port to the DR.
Most members in the Port area suffered some kind of damage to their homes.
More than that I would most likely repeat something you already know.
After tommorrow night there will be a lot more information shared in Ontario from a report by Robert Toews.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for keeping us posted, Jon. Wish I could listen to the report tonite but have other plans. Man, I would love to be in Haiti right now.... but I guess with the immediate need of supplies and cleanup etc. there probably wouldn't be much for non-medical or heavy equipment personnal to do. Maybe sometime...

    Chad

    ReplyDelete