Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Wiebe Quote on Dependance


Katie Davis, missionary to the orphans in Uganda. She was back in the US for a short furlough, and wrote the following:
 “What has been the biggest shock to my system, the huge disconnect, is that I have stepped out of my reliance on God to meet my needs. I “miss” Jesus. He hasn’t disappeared, of course, but I feel so far removed from him because my life is actually functioning without Him. By “functioning”, I mean that if I am sick, I go to the drugstore or to the doctor. If I am hungry, I go to the grocery store. If I need to go somewhere, I get in my car. When I need some advice or guidance, I call my mom or go plop on my roommate’s bed. If I want to feel happy, I get Brad, my little brother, or someone else to make me laugh. I keep forgetting to ask God first to heal me, to fill me, to guide me, to rejoice with me. I have to set aside “time to pray” in the morning and at night instead of being in constant communication with Him. In Uganda, because I was so physically poor I was completely dependent on God, and spiritually… as wealthy as ever.”

No comments:

Post a Comment