Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Fillipino Update

It is quite difficult to get too much information on the latest disaster in the Philippines. I want to be careful with the information that I give out and also want to be sure on accuracy. All that I can say is that a couple from a Texas congregation rode out the storm in a motel as they had arrived from the US. The other report is that a Fillipino family from our church had their roof blown off---a god send-- because it allowed them to climb up into the rafters to escape the water. Do not build on these details, but rather use them to get a picture in your mind, so you can pray for the thousands affected by this tragedy. That is the best thing for our brothers and sisters and their families----remember them in prayer. No doubt they are in shock and have special needs. Thank-you for your interest. 

I had to think of the perils have Paul and yet he still stood firm----
Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep; 
In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; 
In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.  2Cor. 11:25-27

I apologize for any typo errors on this blog, but it seems that I rarely have enough time to thoroughly edit any of the material--Thank-you for your understanding.  JLT

No comments:

Post a Comment