Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Short Take on Technology



It seems there are many snares and pitfalls for the Christian with technology. What does it teach me? 
Lean on my brother and the Church while standing on the Rock. Jesus Christ. He is unchanging. 
Our human natures are selfish by nature.
That is why we need to look around us and help others (to escape our self absorbed natures.)
I believe the brotherhood, the Church, and its give and take is the force of sandpaper that prepares me in my service to God.
Technology is the latest ultimate test.
It is a storm that will try us to see if we are truly grounded on the Rock.
If He is our security we will shun anything that desires to undermine our relationship with Him.
I do not like the thought of business use only allowances for technology.
I believe a Christian needs to give 101% effort to make it.
Do not be an empty storehouse waiting to be filled with entertainment---fill up by memorizing songs and treasures that motivate service. 
Too often the Lord gives us a clean slate that we squander-----trying to keep clean yet never using it to do good.
If the desire of the heart is set on Christ----like the sun flower you will always strive to face the "Sun".
So let the winds of technology or trials howl---I know where my security lies.
JLT

Ps 18:2
The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation,and my high tower.

Isa. 50:7
 For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment