Friday, April 16, 2010

The Holy Spirit is Incedible

Man, today on the way to work, I just had so much going through my
mind and heart. It was like I was burning inside and felt so
insignificant, yet had so much love for everybody. An inspiration came
about the Where is the Balm of Gilead from Jeremiah. The Chapter came
alive to me. We have been trying to dam up God's blessings and peace
to ourselves. I was like told that our CE's and programs just about
become loathful, (It has become for our own enjoyment) because God is
praised more when we reach out to the broken hearted in prayer, tears,
and action. Our love to him is directly related with our unselfishness
and love to others. Not at all side stepping obedience. Christian life
is not to be comfortable. It is a cross, but there is so much
fulfilment and purpose it causes our lives to burn as a fire. That
fire cannot be contained but must spread from our lives to others or
else it will flicker and burn out.......I don't know what to say, but
the last few days have been powerful. I listened to two conversion
experiences in Ballico that just tore me up and made me thirst for
more. It was a couple. There was a divorce and remarriage issue and
they both decided that they were ready to parcel off their children
and do whatever it took to reconcile with God. They sold out. The
woman said she had never known what peace was before. Their home was
torn with strife and they can't believe the change. He was a member
that had left the church and had given himself to drugs and drunken living and now you could
never know the change that took place. The testimony caused my wife
and I to weep along with them about the mercies of God. They are going
to keep the children and stay together. I wish people in our whole
conference could have heard the different conversion experiences that
have come out of Central California the last number of years.. It is
not drift that we need to worry about it is whether we see through the
eyes of Jesus, the broken hearts and those that need a physician, our
brothers and sister's needs, and of course whether we have that
burning Spirit in our hearts that causes us to leave our comfort zone
and be faithful to the way of the cross. The cross is not just the
acts of following a formula criteria, it is acts of unselfishness
prompted by God. My present cross is to pay online bills and continue
to fight the host of mammon. So Long.

No comments:

Post a Comment